Fort Clark is located south of Brackettville, Texas. It was established on June 20, 1852 at Las Moras Springs, at the head of Las Moras Creek, it was a site long favored by indigenous Coahuiltecan Indians and later by Comanche, Apache and other Indian Tribes. In 1849, Lieutenant W.H.C. Whiting during his reconnaissance for a practical route between San Antonio and El Paso, recognized its military potential and recommended the location as a site for a fort.
PO Box 1061
Brackettville, Texas 78832